Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cookie Exchange

My sister hosted a cookie exchange party at her house tonight. I went with my friend Kim and I brought my Christmas logs and coconut joys. I strategically positioned myself in front of my sister's homemade treats and ate way too many macadamia nut macaroons (Bri made good use of the nuts she brought back from Hawaii)...almost to the point of nausea. A party like this is so risky for me. I have absolutely no self-restraint when it comes to matters of chocolate or really anything of the candy/cookie nature. Bri kindly had some coke on hand for me, also. Between the many coca colas that I knocked back and the rapid firing of the macaroons to my mouth, let's just say I went home with a serious sugar high. Like I said, attending a party such as this can be a delicate situation for me!

My Christmas logs always seem to be quite a hit, so I've decided to include the recipe. They are so easy and I promise you...you will be loved!

Christmas Logs
1 box powdered sugar
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cubes butter (melted)
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
*Mix and shape into logs and dip into chocolate mixture!
1 small package chocolate chips
1/2 stick paraffin wax
*Melt in saucepan
Kim, your cookies were awesome! Good idea!

6 comments:

Lindsey Wood-Felstead said...

So fun! Your cookies look wonderful. I hope you are feeling better soon...I finally am! Brody is loving school and so far I am happy we made the switch at such a crazy time of the year! Let me know if I can help you with the kiddos this weekend. Being a mom and being sick are not fun! Get better fast!

Kristy Treible said...

I love sweets especially when I am prego!!! Everything looks so good. I will have to try your recipe this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Brianne Skidmore said...

Those are sooo yummy and I am so sick from cookies, too. Thanks for coming.

Davis Family Ü said...

Thanks for taking me... it was fun. I am trying to get my family to eat all these cookies before I do.

Keri said...

Yummmmy! I'm going to have to make those...and the coconut joys..if they are anything like an almond joy, I will need that recipe too!

Natalie Hall said...

Those treats you made were WONDERFUL! Thanks for giving us the recipe, I am anxious to try them.
Glad I finally got to meet your beautiful face, now I wont feel so guilty looking at your blog. Like I said, you and Brianne are so talented in every way.