Over the weekend we got away to my parent's cabin in Happy Jack, AZ. The weather was beautiful. On Friday, we had a day of snow and 35 degrees. It didn't stop the kids from running around outside the entire day. Saturday included lots of rain, which I love in the mountains...beautiful! On Sunday, the sun finally came out and the kids got to ride the 4-wheeler and we all took a very muddy trip to the lake...think A River Runs Through It...Gorgeous!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Baseball season is over and I had to post this for Max. It is difficult to express how proud I am of how hard he has worked this season. The difference in his abilities from beginning of the season to the end is dramatic. In the words of one of his teammates, "Max has become a real ball player!" Max, it was so fun to watch you learn and develop into a little athlete. I am so proud of how hard you always try and are so driven to always be better! I love going to all of your games and cheering you on. Good job this season! Keep working hard!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Seven months blogging and the first time I've been tagged...Thanks Wendy!
Three Joys in My Life:
Three Joys in My Life:
- My family; children, dad, sister (and her crew)
- My Ted...he makes me smile!
- My friends...from the old to the new. I've kept them busy supporting me and wiping my tears over the years. I know. I know. I'm hoping to live a pretty low-key, uneventful life for awhile and give you all a break.
Three Fears in My Life: (I did lots of typing & deleting here...afraid of calling some bad stuff in)
- Disappointing people
- Losing people I love
Three Goals in My Life:
- Run the marathon in a respectable time
- Raise my children to: be confident, value education (as if they have a choice- they will all earn graduate degrees!), never wonder if I love them, & be kind and selfless.
- Around the house: re-paint my bedroom, grow a beautiful vegetable garden, finish decorating Elle's room, and clean my scary closet!
Three Current Obsessions:
- the election
- creamsicles & Dairy Queen blue raspberry slush floats (you knew dessert would be here)
Three Random Facts:
- I have weird medical disorder things like snapping scapula, tmj, a lipoma, ringworm looking form of eczema, and others...(this was for Ted)
- I won Best Legs in 9th grade (this one's for you, Wendy! Must run in the family!)
- I hate, hate, hate that little white thing in a raw egg. I MUST remove them ALWAYS before scrambling. (What is that?ICK!)
Tag three people:
- I tag Keri, Kristy Treible, and Melissa Lee- so sorry!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
I am impressed by how fat and healthy our rat, Remi is. Sometimes I'll tell the kids to get him a snack. The other day Elle asked me if she could give Remi a piece of celery. I said "yes" and then checked on Remi and found this. Now I know where Remi's big belly is coming from. He is so loved by us all!!