Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Good Life

I had to make a stop at Trader Joe's today.

They have my favorite cheese there. It's their New Zealand Grass-fed cheddar and I'm obsessed with it!

Anyway, I spent an unusually long amount of time perusing the cheeses. It's genetic. Me, my kids, my dad... way too fond of cheese for our own good.

When I got home and unloaded my grocery bags, I came upon a slab of fine Gruyere.

When I asked Elle about it, she simply explained, "It's for Remi. He loves cheese. Especially the kind with the holes like this."

Apparently, my little rat-lover took it upon herself to throw an eight dollar slab of cheese into her mini-cart.

I got cheddar and Remi got Gruyere!


He is now one fat, happy rat.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Great for making fondue!

Keri said...

That is hilarious! Fondue sounds like a great idea!

Jacey said...

Too funny! Kids get you one way or another...and they are very sneaky!

Brianne Skidmore said...

He is too cute. I never thought that I would ever be so fond of a rat.