Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes

In a cast and fumbling around on crutches has left me with few things I can do around the house. Baking in my little kitchen is one of those activities I can still manage, so I have been baking my heart out. Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin... I think even my kiddos are tired of my treats.

My favorite has been this yummy recipe of Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. I usually don't eat much of what I bake, but I could keep my hands off of these...


Pumpkin Cupcakes With Maple-Cream Cheese Frosting
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk mixed with 1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin
Frosting
Two (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 350° (175°C).
Line a cupcake pan with 18 liners.
In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and pepper into a medium bowl.
Add the eggs 1 at a time to the mixer, scraping down the sides after each addition.
Alternate adding the flour and milk mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat in the pumpkin until smooth.
Scoop the batter among the cupcake liners — you’re looking to get them 3/4 full. Bake the cakes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool the cupcakes on racks completely.
In a stand mixer beat all frosting ingredients on medium until fluffy. Refrigerate cupcakes to set frosting.
Enjoy.

2 comments:

nicole said...

These look yummy, I am going to try them! Thanks for the recipe! I hope you recover quickly and CONGRATULATIONS on you marriage! You make a beautiful bride :o)

nicole said...

I meant on "your" marriage!