My kids have always loved buying school lunch, but since it is impossible for me to know exactly what is in the food that the kids are eating (Trust me, I tried.), I decided to start making their lunches this year.
I've found some great additions to their brown bags.
Some of our favorites:
- Horizon organic chocolate and vanilla milk boxes
- Capri Sun juice pouches (no longer contain High Fructose Corn Syrup!)
- All Natural Pop Chips
- Organic PB and all-natural, organic jam
- Whole wheat bread w/out artificial ingr. or preservatives (EVERY loaf at my closest grocery store contains these, so I get bread at Fresh and Easy. Omega 3 seed and Sprouted Wheat are my favorites!)
- Organic Valley cheese sticks
- Cookie cutters for sandwiches
- Clifbar Zbars and Twisted Fruit Ropes (My kids love these for lunches and snacks and I like them for long runs.)
- Cute, inspirational lunch bags
- Positive Picture napkins
- Lunch Gram Notes
- Printable lunch box jokes
- More lunch box notes
Fruit tags and notes
And...in order to avoid an all-out revolt, I allow the kids to choose one day a week to eat a school lunch. They love going through the menu and picking out their favorite day.
Here's to healthy kiddos!
Just for fun, if you want to see some school lunches from around the world, go here.