Monday, June 22, 2009

Another LONG swim season

Have I mentioned that my little family is challenged in the swimming department?

Well, my kiddos have always trailed a little behind the swimming curve.

Did you know that you can freestyle swim in place?

Oh, you can.

I painfully watched Max do it every morning during swim team practice last summer.

Cal, staying true to his no-care attitude, has spent the majority of his nearly six years completely uninterested in learning to swim. Lessons since 6 months old and NOTHIN'!

Why? Well, mystery solved.

On Friday, I decided to test my own abilities in the water. (I'm considering training for a triathlon and unfortunately, swimming is sort of a requirement.)

One lap and I was gasping for air and choking on water. How could this be? I just ran a marathon and I can't swim one lap!

Guess the apples just don't fall far from the tree.

And...

I have come to conclude...

these apples should probably hang up the goggles and Speedos and comfortably stay put on land.

(*Just after posting this, Cal started swimming on his own this morning! Guess we're not ready to throw in the towel just yet.)

1 comment:

Keri said...

Kendal was the exact same way as Cal. Last summer she finally started swimming confidently!

Good luck with the triathlon training!