Big Sea Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks unsalted European butter
¾ c. granulated sugar
¾ c. packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
¾ tsp. sea salt
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate, chips or chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts
Sea salt for sprinkling
- Using a cheese grater, grate cold butter. Beat with mixer until creamy. Add sugars. Beat.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking sold, baking powder, and salt. Add to batter and blend.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Chill dough overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Divide dough into 16 balls. Do not press flat. Bake them on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7 minutes at 375°, then lower temp to 325° and bake for 8 more minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let cool on cookie sheet.
- While they are cooling, sprinkle sea salt over the tops of the cookies.