Sunday, February 26, 2012

RAGNAR DEL SOL 2012

Another RAGNAR down...success!

Brianne and I raced in our fourth Ragnar this weekend and loved ALMOST every minute of it.

2 vans, 10 runners, 200 miles, gorgeous Arizona desert, moonlight runs, crazy costumes, inside jokes (like the TT), GUs, chocolate milk, and emergency Glide- all adds up to RAGNAR.

We were TEAM RUNS 'N ROSES.

I started the race running over eight miles up a mountain in Wickenburg...feeling good.

My next run started at 10pm, a total of over 12 miles (did 2 legs) through suburbia...feeling nauseous and exhausted.

My final leg of around 5 miles ran along McDowell Mountain in Fountain Hills...feeling serious pain in my foot!

No, Ragnar isn't easy. I ran a total of 26 miles on bananas, bagels, and zero sleep.

I also spent 2 days with great friends and made some hilarious memories and

THIS is why I keep coming back!
RAGNAR LAS VEGAS...see you there.



1 comment:

Lindsey Wood-Felstead said...

You girls ROCK! What a fun time!