Friday, November 25, 2011

Dumb Phrases Annoy Me!

Are there words or phrases that just get under your skin?

I have several...

"I don't mean to be offensive, but..." (Uh, yes you do!)

"You can't afford not to..." (Actually, sometimes you really don't have the $ CAN'T afford to.)

"Everything happens for a reason." (...or by chance or accident or really crappy circumstances?)

"Whatever." (or, I cannot come up with a witty comeback.)

"Money can't buy happiness." (Then you've never been broke!)

"I could care less." (translation- You couldn't care more. Is that what you meant to say?)

"Better late than never." (Ugh, this is for the habitually tardy and it's FALSE!)

"It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." (Come on! Really? It's better to have wasted time, money, your pride and have your heart broken into million pieces than to never have met that person?)

"110%." (100% is not good enough?)

"The Devil is in the details." (Isn't there another saying? "God is in the details." So, which is it?)

"Cross my heart and hope to die." (What the?)

"To be honest.." (So, you're usually lying to me?)

Some are unnecessary and some are just plain aggravating, but if you catch me saying any of the above, you have permission to slap me silly!

No comments: