Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Last Lecture

"time is all you have...and you may find one day that you have less than you think."



What wisdom would we impart to the world if we knew it was our last chance?


It sat on my bedside table for a long time...
until I finally got the courage.

I began reading with tears in my eyes and finished with a smile on my face. I placed the book back on my shelf and hadn't touched it for months.

Randy Pausch has been gone for almost a year, but he continues to inspire. With my mom, the marathon, and the "wall" on my mind, I picked up The Last Lecture again today and was soon reminded of the importance of overcoming obstacles and seizing every moment.


"...The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop the other people."

I love THAT.

1 comment:

Kristy Treible said...

I need to read this! I have heard about it over and over again, but have not found time to just read it all ready!