Wednesday, July 23, 2008

You might like this...


The Wackness (rated R) starring Josh Peck and Ben Kingsley

I went to the Camelview (the only place where it is playing) to see The Wackness. It is set in Manhattan in the summer of 1994. It's kind of a coming-of-age movie about a guy who just graduated high school and sells pot on the streets of NY. One of his customers is his therapist (Ben Kingsley). I wasn't sure about it at first, but as the movie progressed it really grew on me. Ben Kingsley is great in it. Mary-Kate Olson makes a guest cameo (woo-hoo) and yes, she is just as weird on screen as off. Josh Peck stars in it and I kept thinking, "Wow, this kid is a really good actor. But, I don't remember seeing him in anything else before." So, when I got home I googled his name and found out that he is "Josh" from Drake and Josh. This is a gigantic "ICK!!" The reason?...he is partially nude in the movie. Now I am a little creeped out by it. I liked The Wackness, but am not sure I can ever watch it again without fast forwarding through those couple of scenes!

No comments: