Sunday, April 6, 2008

just breathe...

Ahh... take a deep breath. That's what I did today when I found Elle and Cal playing with the couch cushions. I know that every mom must have their "thing." That one thing your kids do that just sends you over the edge. For me, it is taking the cushions off of the couch. I have no idea why this makes me crazy, but it seriously causes me to lose it. And...for some reason, no matter how many times I have blown up over it, Elle and Cal cannot seem to control themselves. Today, instead of the usual sending little ones to their rooms, I took a deep breath and grabbed my camera. After taking a few pics, I began to see the attraction- the leaping, bouncing, hiding, climbing. They sure were having a ball. Hope they enjoyed it, though. It's still on my "not allowed" list!


6 comments:

Keri said...

I used to love doing that as a kid!! Yesterday I had to tell Kendal and the neighbor "no" to building a fort in the living room...that is one of my "things" that makes me crazy! For some reason, it is not as much fun doing it in the playroom where they can pretty much do anything!

Brianne Skidmore said...

I'm right there with you and I see, now. The reason that they don't see the harm in destroying the room , is the same reason that we don't see the attraction in doing so. We're not kids and they're not moms. Thanks for the lesson.
How good of you to let them have their fun. You're always the nicest mom. They're so lucky.

Melissa said...

I love the pictures! I always hated that too. Now I have a leather couch and the cushions don't come off - hee hee.

Michelle said...

Hey Sara,

I miss you guys very much I enjoy looking to see what you have new posted. The kids are getting so BIG! I recently made an account on here so yea go check it out not too many things on it but I'm working on it. Miss you...Michelle

Michelle said...

How did you get music on your site?

Sara said...

Hi Michelle,
Go to Project Playlist, create your own playlist, then should guide you through posting in on your sight.